Or you can follow them here:
Supersize Vegan Creme Egg
- 150ml Soya Milk
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 800g Icing Sugar
- 20g Coconut Oil, melted
- 300g Dairy Free Chocolate – suggest ‘Moo Free’
- Yellow/Orange food colouring *
Large Egg shell moulds
Method for the Cream Filling
- Add the milk and caster sugar to a saucepan and gently heat until the sugar crystals have melted.
- Add the vanilla extract and remove from the heat.
- Using a whisk to briskly mis in the icing sugar (do it in a couple of stages or else you’ll end up with icing sugar clouds!).
- Once the egg cream is smooth add the melted coconut oil and whisk quickly to combine.
- Pour 150ml of the white cream into a jug and add yellow/orange food colouring to achieve the egg yolk colour you desire.
Method for the Chocolate Shell
- Gently melt the chocolate, and pour into 8 halves of your egg shell mounds.
- Tip the moulds to tease the chocolate to the edges of each half shell, you may need to us a teaspoon to finish this process. Put the left over chocolate to one side, you’ll need this to seal the two halves together.
- Pop the moulds onto a baking sheet and put in the fridge for 15 mins.
- Remove from the fridge and pour the white cream into each half shell leaving 5mm gap before the top of the shell, then add the yellow to the centre of each shell, a small jug can be used for this part or alternatively spoon it in.
- Return to the fridge for 15mins for the cream to set.
- Pour the remaining melted chocolate into a piping bag. Remove the moulds from the fridge and gently tease the shells out of their casing. If you have any rough edges use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut these off.
- Pipe the remaining melted chocolate around the edge of each shell and gently press each half together. Wipe away any excess chocolate that oozes from the egg join.
- Pop back into the fridge one last time to harden the seal.
Allergens in this dish indicated by the Box (es) Marked ‘x’
(*) Check ingredients listed on choice of food colouring to confirm any allergens that may be present