This gluten free sweet pastry filled with blueberries and almonds recipe has been supplied by Louise Wagstaffe from Delicious by Design Ltd. You can find out more at https://www.deliciousbydesign.co.uk
Or you can follow Louise here:
Linked In: deliciousbydesignlimited
Blueberry & Almond Tart
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 35 mins
Gluten Free sweet shortcrust pastry
- 175g Gluten-free plain flour
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum
- 50g Caster sugar
- 75g Unsalted butter
- 1 Egg
Gluten Free crumble topping
- 25g Gluten-free plain flour
- 10g Butter
- 10g Caster Sugar
Blueberry & Almond Filling
- 100g Blueberries
- 125g Butter
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 125g Ground Almonds
- 1 Free-range egg, beaten
Method for the Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F gas mark 5.
- To make the pastry, measure and sieve the flour, xanthan gum, and sugar into a bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg and mix to form a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of cling film on a cold surface and then line a flan tin with it. Trim the edges so it is tidy.
- Mix the crumble topping by rubbing together the flour, butter, and sugar so it forms a crumb. Put this to one side.
- For the filing, cover the base of the flan generously with blueberries.
- Mix the butter until it is soft, and then stir in the sugar, ground almonds and egg. Then place into the flan tin and top with the crumble topping.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
Allergens in this dish indicated by the Box (es) Marked ‘x’