Vegan Crepes (Gluten, Dairy & Egg Free)
From BBC Good Food (https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes)
Makes 6 Small Pancakes
- 125g Gluten-free Plain Flour (Doves Farm used)
- Egg replacer, equivalent to 1 whole egg. (Orgran No Egg was used), mixed with 2 tbsp water.
- 250ml Hemp or Coconut Milk (Good Hemp & Koko available)
- Sunflower or Rice Bran Oil, for frying
- Orange Segments and Agave Syrup to serve.
- Put the flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the Orgran egg replacer and a quarter of the milk.
- Use an electric whisk to thoroughly combine the mixture, then beat in another quarter of the milk. Once lump free, mix in the remaining milk. Leave to rest for 20 mins. Stir again before using.
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan with a splash of oil. When hot pour a small amount of the mixture into the pan and swirl around to coat the base – you want a thin layer.
- Cook for a few mins until golden brown on the bottom, then turn over and cook until golden on the other side. Repeat until you have used all the mixture, stirring the mixture between pancakes and adding more oil to the frying pan as necessary.
Serve with an orange wedge and a drizzle of agave syrup or filling of your choice. This mixture keeps for a few days if you store it covered in the fridge. Give it a good whisk before using.