Ali White from Allergy Mums has provided this recipe. For more delicious recipes check out their website or you can follow them here:
A fabulous Dairy and Egg Free dessert for a special occasion. Laced with Rum, and using Vegan Cream Cheese for the filling it’s truly delicious!
· 1 Cup Dairy Free Milk
· 2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
· 2 1/4 Cups Plain Flour
· 1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
· 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
· 1/4 Cup Aquafaba
· 3/4 Cup Vegan Butter
· 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
· 2 Tsp Vanilla
Vegan Cream Cheese Filling
· 400 g Violife Dairy Free Cream Cheese (2 tubs)
· 1/3 Cup Dairy Free Yoghurt
· 1 Cup Coconut Cream
· 3 Tbsp Sifted Icing Sugar
· 4 Tbsp Rum
· 1 Tbsp Vanilla
· 3/4 Cup Strong Coffee
· 4 Tbsp Rum
· 1/3 Cup Sifted Cocoa
· 25 grms Dark Chocolate – grated
1. Preheat oven to 180℃, 360℉, grease a cake tin
1. Add the Apple Cider vinegar to the Dairy Free Milk and put to one side.
2. Mix the Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Soda together
3. Cream the Sugar and Vegan Butter together
4. Whip the Aquafaba so it’s foamy, but not so much that its firm like egg whites
5. Mix the creamed Sugar with the Flour, and add in the Dairy Free Milk and Aquafaba.
6. Pour the batter into the tin, and bake for 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Cream Cheese Filling
1. Whip the Vegan Cream Cheese until smooth
2. Add in the Dairy Free Yoghurt, Coconut Cream, Vanilla, Rum and Icing Sugar. Whip until
smooth. Pop in the fridge to firm up.
Mix the Coffee with the Rum and put to one side with the grated Chocolate and Cocoa
Compile the Tiramisu
1. Cut the cake into fingers. And slice each finger in half to expose the cake. Layer the base
of a dessert tin with the cake fingers. Brush with the Coffee and Rum mixture.
2. Put a layer of the Vegan Cream Cheese filling on top of the cake and sprinkle with grated
3. Add another layer of the cake fingers, brush with the Coffee mixture.
4. Spread the rest of the Vegan Cream Cheese mixture on top of the cake. Smooth over, and
sift the cocoa on top. Add more grated Chocolate. Pop in the fridge until dinner time!
|Please click the box for the ingredients that ARE present in this dish: eg: ☒|