Ali White from Allergy Mums has provided this recipe. For more delicious recipes check out their website or you can follow them here:
Easy Bean Salad
A delicious summer inspired dish to accompany all manner of outdoor dining.
- 1 Tin Cannoli Beans
- 1 Tin Kidney Beans
- 1 Tin Black Eyed Beans
- 1 Tin Broad Beans
- 20g Coriander
- 20g Basil
- 20g Parsley
- 4 Garlic cloves – crushed or finely diced
- Zest 1 Lemon (Optional)
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Red onion – diced
- 1tsp honey
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Drain the beans, keeping the liquid from the Cannoli and Broad beans, if you want to use the Aquafaba later in vegan baking.
- Chop the herbs finely.
- Dice the onion and crush the garlic.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and honey.
- Mix the beans, chopped onion, garlic and herbs together, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the dressing, mix gently with a wooden spoon and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
Allergens in this dish indicated by the Box (es) Marked ‘x’