Key Facts about Keto:
This type of method involves a very low carbohydrate diet. It is a very famous one because of its variations in terms of benefits from it. This also has other names such as the keto, non-carbo, low carbohydrate, ketosis diet and many more.
The suffix “keto” comes from the word ketogenic as this puts the body in a metabolic state wherein the body begins to extract energy from the ketone that is present in the blood. The good thing with this lifestyle is that it mimics the fasting process of eliminating glucose that is found in carbohydrates. Eventually, people who are doing this kind of routine will lose weight as this forces the body to burn many fats despite consuming more fats and calories.
To read More about this go to: Keto Diet
Foods on the Keto Diet:
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low-carb diet, and this also contains a moderate protein in the mix that has a micronutrient breakdown of 70 to 75% of calories from fat, 20 to 25% of protein and 5 to 10% of carbohydrates.
- Foods such as meat, poultry, eggs, fish, non-starchy vegetables, nuts, seeds, and healthy fats that include coconut oil, olive oil, and avocado.
Foods to avoid:
- Foods that you’ll need to avoid are sweet types of vegetables, grains, processed foods, fruits, and high-carbohydrate dairy.
People who are in a metabolic type of condition such as diabetes and hypertension should always be careful regarding having this kind of lifestyle, it is advisable to always check with your doctor first before going into it. There are health conditions that might be more intense when you are on a very strict low-carb diet.
Key Facts About Paleo:
This is also known as the hunter or gatherer diet because its concept is closely associated with eating with the kind of food that a hunter has gathered during the Paleolithic era. Another type of diet that is similar is the Ancestral, caveman, hunter, and primal diet. All of these are have the same type of concept with only a slight difference.
The Paleo is known to improve blood lipids, induce weight loss, and reduce some pain from auto-immunity. There are other benefits to this lifestyle but if you want to know more about it, you might have to do your own digging on the internet.
Perhaps, you are wondering, what the foods are that most of the people in this diet are eating? Well, we’re going to get into that in just a little bit.
Foods on the Paleo Diet:
- Most of the people that are on a Paleo diet recommend eating meat and poultry. However, meat may contain parasites which are harmful to your health.
- Also, foods like vegetables, fruits, seeds, herbs, nuts, spices, some healthy fats and even oils.
Foods to avoid:
- When you’re on the Paleo, you will need to avoid processed foods, sugars, most dairy products, grains and many more.
Just like the ketogenic diet, there are a lot of restrictions to the Paleo as well.