Date of Event
Date(s) - 26/09/2023
8:15 am - 5:15 pm
Location of Event
Heart of England Conference Centre Meriden Road, Fillongley Coventry CV7 8DX United Kingdom
Mock Trial Experience – A sentencing hearing in a Food Allergy Mock Prosecution Case.
Tuesday 26th September 2023 – Face-2-Face 1 Day Event
The Heart of England Conference Centre, Coventry
This event will explore the legal responsibilities for a food business when managing a customer with food allergies, coeliac disease or food intolerances. It will also consider the consequences of getting things wrong even with when policies and processes are in place! It only takes one person to misinterpret or to forget which could result in a fatal incident!
This event brought to you by Food Allergy Aware & Blake Morgan, will explore a fictional scenario of a FHS (Food Hypersensitive) customer being served food that has been incorrectly labelled, and where strict processes regarding cross contamination were not followed.
The legal responsibilities of everyone involved in the food supply chain, especially in the current climate is critical. We will examine the concept of due diligence within the hospitality industry and what procedures should be in place to ensure customer safety.
Everyone involved in a food business operation has a legal responsibility to ensure that the products they supply are correctly described and safe to consume. The costs of getting it wrong are high. Failure to control risks in food safety can result in a criminal prosecution, regardless of whether or not any harm has been caused.
Join us for our 3rd Mock Trial – You, the delegates, will assist the Judge in deciding the sentence by conducting the exercise and applying the guidelines for sentencing which came into force in February 2016. Since being introduced these guidelines have resulted in a significant increase in penalties for offenders. You will have the opportunity to be part of the jury (in breakout groups) which will ultimately play a significant role in the final sentencing of the defendant.
“I thought the event was excellent, FATC took an important but extremely challenging concept and alongside Blake Morgan, executed it superbly. The result was an incredibly informative and compelling conference” Tom Treverton Director F2F
Link to Flyer – Please click here
Standard Ticket – £370 – (Group discounts available on request) – check out our early bird rates – extended until the 30 June 2023!
As a thank you to those who have registered early interest in the event, we have 50 tickets @£330 which are available until all scooped up (subject to availability ) which will give you the opportunity to save a further £10 on your ticket. When they’re gone, they’re gone!
For group bookings, please indicate on the lead booking that this is your intention. Please download the booking form to complete and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively contact us for assistance.
Please see below for the options available and Early Bird rates
Agenda subject to change at organisers discretion – click here for pdf version
- Networking and Introduction for the day: Sterling Crew
- Getting past Allergy reactions – Witness Impact statement: Ruth Holroyd
- What went wrong? Review of Celia Marsh Inquest: Belinda Stuart-Moonlight
- Improvement notices – FIR or Food Safety: Iain Ferris, Birmingham University
- Pioneering Allergen project – Training App: Rose Pickering, Wakefield Council
- Future of the FHS customer & strategies to help hospitality: Ben Rayner, Food Standards Agency – Food Hypersensitivity Team
- Q & A Panel chaired by Sterling Crew
- The FreeFrom market: Cressida Langlands, FreeFrom Food Awards
- What good looks like!: Case Study Dominic Teague, One Aldwych
- Near Miss reporting – Report /campaign: Jacqui McPeake / Caroline Benjamin
Mock Trial – Afternoon session
- Part 1 – Setting the scene – The prosecution Tom Walker – Blake Morgan
- Part 2 – Case for the defence Stuart Jessop, – Gough Square Chambers
- Part 3 – Summing up and sentencing – Judge, David Travers – Gough Square Chambers
- Q & A
- Close – Sterling Crew /Caroline Benjamin
- Drinks reception sponsored by Gough Chambers – Come and meet the speakers and the barristers taking part in the Mock Trial
“Interesting view of proceeding in court, highlights the importance of due diligence. Great thinking view on penalties” Technical Manager – SAI Global
Click here to view our speakers bio’s
Exhibiting at the Event
We have a variety of exhibitor packages available, some of which are limited please click here for full details or give us a call on 07732637292 to discuss options available or email email@example.com and we will respond to your enquiry.
The logo’s below are past attendees and exhibitors to our previous two events, some of which have shown an interest to attend at this event
Whois attending Who is exhibiting
Registrations closes at 17:30 on Thursday 21 September 2023
“If you run other sessions elsewhere I would be happy to recommend to others members in our purchasing group. Thank you very much” MD – Harvest Fine Foods
Hotel accommodation & links
- Premier Inn NEC: Airport 7 miles
- Premier Inn Coventry City Centre (Earlsdon Park) Hotel: 7 miles
- Old Hall House: 150 yards
- Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa: 6 miles
- Britannia Coventry Hill Hotel: 5 miles
- The Strawberry Bank Hotel: 3 miles
- Hampton-in-Arden: 10 mins / 5.3 miles
- Birmingham International: 14 minutes / 7 miles
- Coventry: 17 mins /6.7 miles
Registration is now closed