This recipe comes from James Wythe.
- Gluten-free self raising flour
- Milk – any type of choice
- Coconut sugar
- Simply add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix until smooth
- Pour the mix into a doughnut mould and bake at 180C (fan oven) for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the Cinnamon sugar by mixing coconut sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Remove the doughnuts from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before lightly glazing with milk (this is so the cinnamon sugar sticks).
- Finally press the doughnuts down into the Cinnamon sugar.
☒ (Depending on which you decide to use
TOP TIPS (From James himself)
- Try to choose a milk that isn’t too thick. I tend to use Provamel almond milk or Rude Heath almond milk. Certain brands like Alpro are fairly thick and may need extra to get the right consistency
- Don’t overfill your doughnut moulds! See the step 2 photo above. Make sure to leave around 3-5mm from the top as they rise.
- Use a Silicone Doughnut Mould(affiliate link) as they’re really easy to take the doughnuts out once baked.
- Fancy a different topping on your doughnuts? How about a chocolate sauce?! Check out james’s 5 Ingredient Gluten-Free & Vegan Doughnuts.