This gluten and dairy free recipe has been supplied by Mustapha Rahimi Head Pastry Chef from Searcy’s. If you’d like more inspiration from Mustapha you can follow him here:
Dark Chocolate Mousse Mini Gateaux
finished with a dark mirror glaze, garnished with a fresh blackberry
Ingredients – Sponge
- 125g Self-raising flour (Gluten Free)
- 75g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vegan cocoa powder
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 125g Soya cream
- 38g Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp White vinegar
- ¼ tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Dark Chocolate Mousse
- 300g Soya Cream
- 1 tbsp White vinegar
- 250g Vegan dark chocolate 70% (Melted)
- 90g Caster sugar
- 2g Pectin
- 90g Glucose syrup
- 48g Water
- 60g Soya cream
- 90g Dark chocolate 70%
Method for the Sponge
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the soya cream with the vinegar till the mix starts to thicken.
- Add the oil & vanilla into the cream mixture.
- Pour the cream mixture into the dry ingredients and start folding through.
- It should be nice smooth consistency.
- Pour into the silicon moulds 7cm diameter X 3cm Deep.
- Bake 170 degrees centigrade for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Out of the oven put it on the rack to cool down.
- Slice in half and set aside till needed.
- Cut the sponge into two discs.
Method for the Mousse
- In bain-marie, melt the chocolate and set aside until it cools down to 35 degrees.
- Mix the cream with the vinegar and whip until it thickens.
- Fold the cream into the melted & cooled chocolate
- Pour the mousse into a piping bag
- Pipe ½ of the mousse in the moulds, then insert 1st sponge disc and pipe a bit of the mousse on top and cover it with the last sponge.
- Freeze the mini gateaux until needed.
Method for the Glacage
- In a saucepan bring to the boil the water & glucose
- Off the heat, add the sugar and pectin and then bring back to the heat and boil to 105 degree.
- Off the heat and add the cream and the chocolate and mix well until the chocolate is completely melted
- Transfer the glaze into a plastic jar and blend it with a hand blender to emulsify, cover it with cling film and refrigerated over night
- The next day, reheat the glaze to 35 degree.
- Take the cake out of the freezer and place it on the top of the rack and glaze it.
Allergens in this dish indicated by the Box (es) Marked ‘x’