This recipe comes from Roger who has suggested this using our recipe submission which you can find here and email it to email@example.com
Create your own delicious Christmas Truffles. Please note these include alcohol.
- 4oz Plain Chocolate
- 2oz unsalted butter (Can be switched for a dairy-free alternative)
- 8oz icing sugar sifted
- 4oz ground almonds or nuts of your choice
- 3 tablespoonfuls brandy, rum or cognac
- 2 egg yolks, beaten together
- 4oz Plain chocolate – melted
- 2oz ready marzipan
- A few drops of green and red food colouring.
- A Sprinkle of Icing Sugar
- Melt chocolate in bowl.
- When melted stir in butter
- Stir in remaining ingredients until evenly mixed.
- Spoon mixture into a tray lined with greaseproof paper
- Put in fridge for 1 1/2 hours until set evenly
- Roll into evenly sized balls and leave to set in fridge
- Dip truffles in melted chocolate and leave to set
- Make holly leaves and berries from marzipan
- Sprinkle a little icing on each truffle.
- Decorate with leaves and berries.
Allergens in this dish indicated by the Box (es) Marked ‘x’