Ali White from Allergy Mums has provided this recipe. For more delicious recipes check out their website or you can follow them here:
Egg Free Ham and Chorizo Croquettes – a fabulous starter that’s wonderfully crispy on the outside and filled with spicy Chorizo and Ham.
- ½ Onion finely chopped
- ¾ Cup Plain Flour
- 1 ½ Cups Dairy Free Milk
- ½ Cup Chicken Stock
- 4 Tbsp Chopped Chorizo
- 6 Slices Parma Ham – Chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Oil for frying
- 1 Cup Plain Flour plus 1 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 3 ‘Eggs’ made with egg replacer
- 1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- In a pan, fry the onion in a bit of oil. Then add in the Chorizo and fry until the Chorizo releases some lovely fat.
- Add in the Parma Ham and mix. Then add in the flour and stir while it cooks. Season with Pepper and a bit of Salt (it doesn’t need much). It will take a few minutes for the flour to change colour.
- Mix the stock with the milk and start adding slowly to the flour mixture. Whisk as you go. Don’t add more liquid until everything has been absorbed fully. The process will take a good 20 minutes. Set a timer so you don’t rush it.
- The dough will be thick and glossy and hold its shape when you scoop some up with a teaspoon. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- When you are ready to fry, put the egg replacer in a bowl, and the flour and the breadcrumbs on plates. Season the flour.
- Scoop some of the dough up with a teaspoon and shape into a log, then dip in the flour, dip in the egg replacer and roll in the breadcrumbs. Place each one on a plate and continue until you have used all the dough.
- Add vegetable oil to a wide based frying pan – about 2 cups worth. Heat the oil until a cube of bread fries quickly in a few minutes or until the oil is 350°F, or 175℃. Lower the croquettes into the oil with a slotted spoon and cook for 5-7 minutes. You will need to carefully turn them so they get nice and crispy on all sides. Drain on paper towel while you continue cooking the entire batch.
- You can cook half the batch, and leave the rest for the next day in the fridge if you like.
- P.S. If you like, add in ½ tsp of Paprika into the pan when you fry the Chorizo.
|Allergens with a ☒ are contained in this dish.|