Date of Event
Date(s) - 26/05/2021
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Wednesday 26 May 2021 – Online 1 Day event
Mock Trial – A sentencing hearing in a Food Allergy Mock Prosecution Case.
In the current climate of uncertainty of face to face events, we are pleased to bring you our second innovative event, in collaboration with Blake Morgan LLP. The event will explore the legal responsibilities of catering to the customers with food allergies and intolerance’s, and the consequences of getting it wrong even with strict processes in place!
This event, presented by Food Allergy Aware & Blake Morgan, will explore a fictional scenario of food allergic and coeliac customers being served food that has been incorrectly labelled. The legal responsibilities of each entity involved in the supply chain of food will be examined as well as the concept of due diligence within the industry and product recall.
Everyone involved in a food business has a legal responsibility to ensure that the products they supply are correctly described and safe to consume. The costs of getting it wrong are high. Failure to control risks in food safety can result in a criminal prosecution – regardless of whether any harm has been caused or not.
Join us in this Mock Trial and you, the delegates, will assist the Judge in conducting the sentencing exercise and applying guidelines for sentencing that came into force in February 2016. Since being introduced these guidelines have resulted in a significant increase in penalties for offenders. You will be able to have the opportunity to be the jury in breakout groups deciding on key points in the final sentencing of the defendant.
This event was run in March 2019 with great recommendations here is what past attendees had to say……..
Standard Ticket – £205 – (Group discounts available on request)
- Welcome & Introductions – Ruth Holroyd – What Allergy
- Round Table Networking
- Mock Trial Part 1 – Setting the Scene The Prosecution
- Mock Trial Part 2 – The Defense
- Mock Trial Part 3 – The Judge’s summing up, The Jury Deliberation and Sentencing
- Allergy Action – Dr Hazel Gowland – Past Cases: Lessons learnt and Best practice NEW SPEAKER
- Case Study – Nandos – Robert Kitchen
- The FreeFrom market – where we are today! – Cressida Langlands
- Case Study – Centre Parcs – Damaein Houghton
- Food Standards Agency – Natasha’s Law – PPDS What it means for hospitality – NEW SPEAKER
- Reporting – Incidents & Near Misses – Caroline Benjamin
Agenda can be subject to change
To check out our speakers, download our Speaker Bio sheet by clicking here
Interested in sponsoring?
Contact us by email Marketing@fatc.co.uk to see what sponsorship opportunities are available to your business
For group bookings, please indicate on the lead booking that this is your intention. Please download the attached booking form to complete and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively contact us and we can do this for you.