Avoidable death in Hampshire

We offer our condolences to the family and friends of Georgina Hickman, a lady who lived and worked locally to us a Food Allergy Aware, who Peanuts edittedpassed away in April following an anaphylactic shock from an unlisted Peanut ingredient.

The news broke in July that Georgina had unknowingly eaten a crisp that contained peanut flavouring despite rigorously checking the ingredients list.  To find out more please click here.

Interestingly the coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death.

The anaphylaxis campaign have released a statement about the death and have confirmed that they will be looking into this further.  Click here to read their statement and to download their fact sheet on peanuts and treenuts.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest
Share on tumblr
Share on digg
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *