Posted on behalf oh the Anaphylaxis Campaign – Supporting people with Severe Allergies
The Anaphylaxis Campaign are supporting the Children & Families Bill: House of Lords
Take action! Next steps in getting children with allergies the care they need in schools.
You can take action and ask the House of Lords to change legislation to support children with allergies in schools.
- Currently there are no specific rules or requirements for schools to look after children with a health condition, like allergy
- We believe there should be
- The Anaphylaxis Campaign wants the Children and Families Bill to be strengthened to support children with health conditions in schools
- So far with your help, a number of MPs have demanded better support for children with health conditions in the House of Commons
- The Government now admits there is a problem but has not yet changed the Children and Families Bill
The House of Lords will be voting on the Bill on July 2nd and we need your help to persuade them to strengthen it.
Anaphylaxis Campaign have picked out Lords who have a special interest in education and health. They are the key group we need to persuade that a change is needed. If you would like to write to any more, please let them know or please feel free to write to any additional Peers who are known to you personally.
You can write to them at:
The House of Lords, Parliament Square, London SW1A 0PW
Or email them:
- Lord Storey email@example.com
- Lady Thornton firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lord Touhig email@example.com
- Lady Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have had bad, good or variable experiences of care in schools, you should include your story in your letter or email. This is really powerful in persuading them of the need for change. When this was debated in the House of Commons last week, several MPs told your stories to show there was a need for change.
Don’t forget to send the Campaign the letters you send to the Lords, and any response you receive back.
Don’t delay, please act quickly!
Thank you for your support.
The Anaphylaxis Campaign
PO Box 275
Farnborough, Hants GU14 6SX
Tel: 01252 546100
Registered Charity Number 1085527