This vegan mousse recipe has been supplied by Mustapha Rahimi, Head Pastry Chef from Searcy’s. If you’d like more inspiration from Mustapha you can follow him here:
Vegan 70% Chocolate Mousse and Hazelnut
- 241g Water
- 8.3g Pea protein
- 0.5g Xanthan Gum
- 484g Water
- 2g Pectin
- 1g Guar Gum
- 10g Inulin
- 280g Dark Chocolate
- 150g Vegan Meringue
- 70g Inulin
- 3g Calcium Lactate
- 100g Hazelnut
- 150g Glucose
- 405g Water
- 150g Caster sugar
- 120g Cocoa Powder
- 10g Pectin X58
- 60g Caster sugar
- 100g Grapeseed Oil
Method for the Meringue
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Whip on medium speed to ensure the stability.
- You can refrigerate this meringue at 4*C for approximately 7 days.
Method for the Chocolate Mousse
- Heat the water to 50*C, add the powders and blend with a hand blender.
- In the saucepan heat to 85*C and pour over the chocolate.
- Emulsify with a hand blender.
- Blend the whites with the powders and whip to form creamy and firm texture.
- Fold the meringue into the chocolate mixture at 40*C.
- Pipe straight into the desired silicone moulds.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
For the Hazelnut
- Roast in the oven at 170*C for 8 minutes.
- Cool, break them into small pieces then use as a garnish.
Method for the Glacage
- Heat the glucose, water and sugar to 50*C.
- Add the powders, mixed together, whisk, then blend to remove any lumps.
- Whisk constantly to 85*C and pour over the oil and lecithin before emulsifying with hand blender.
- Cover and refrigerate to set.
- Use at 35-40*C.
Some of the ingredients can be found in Sosa products and some of them are on Amazon UK.
Allergens in this dish indicated by the Box (es) Marked ‘x’