This delicious indulgent chocolate brownie recipe, that serves 10, has been supplied by Upfield, suppliers of Flora Professional Plant products. You can find out more about their products and other delicious recipes on their website : Home – Upfield
For the Brownies
- 115g Flora Plant Butter
- 170g caster sugar
- 80g Apple Sauce
- 2tsp coffee granules
- 2tbsp warm water
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 75g Self-raising flour – A GF alternative could be used (quantity may need adjusting) *
- 55g cocoa powder
For the Ganache **
- 170g Milk – Non dairy alternative could be used
- 340g Flora Plant 31%
- 390g dark chocolate
For the Whipped Chocolate Garnish
- 1Ltr Flora Plant 31%
- 300g cocoa powder
For the Finishing Touches **
- 300g roasted hazelnuts, blanched and crushed
- 100g micro red vein sorrel
- 100g micro apple blossom
For the Brownies
- Cream together the Flora Plant Butter and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coffee granules with the warm water and then add in the apple sauce and vanilla essence.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder together and then combine all the wet and dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Pour the mix into a 10×6″ lined tin and then bake for around 30-35 minutes at 180°C. Check occasionally by placing a sharp knife in the middle. When it comes out slightly gooey remove the brownies from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
For the Ganache and Garnish
- Heat the ganache ingredients – milk, Flora Plant 31%, dark chocolate and eggs to 75°C, then chill in the fridge.
- For the whipped chocolate garnish, whip the Flora Plant 31% then sift over the cocoa powder and fold together.
- To serve, spread a spoonful of the whipped chocolate garnish onto the plate, add the brownie and top with ganache, roasted hazelnuts, micro red vein sorrel and micro apple blossom.
(*)- Gluten free alternative could be used instead
(**) – These allergens are only present if the ganache and garnish/finishing touches are also served. Excluding these items from the dish will remove these allergens.
Allergens in this dish indicated by the Box (es) Marked ‘x’
Dairy (Milk) **
Tree Nuts **