Date of Event
Date(s) - 01/10/2021
9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Location of Event
Guildhall Winchester The Broadway, Winchester England SO23 9GH United Kingdom
Food Allergen Management training in collaboration with Winchester City Council and Food Allergy Aware.
Please Note: You need to have completed the Induction Training before being able to complete the Level 2 CIEH Training.
CIEH Level 2 (Foundation ) Award in Food Allergen Awareness by Invitation of Winchester City Council.
This programme will provide your team members with the essential Food Allergen Information they need to comply with the Food Allergen Legislation (FIR 1169/2011). It will also raise awareness of the importance of providing safe customer journey for the Free-From customer when dining out.
- The products and substances most likely to cause food allergies and intolerances
- The cause and symptoms of a food allergy
- The legal requirements to provide accurate allergen information for consumers on pre-packed, non pre-packed and PPDS foods – Natasha’s Law
- Allergenic hazards and potential sources of cross-contamination
- Control measures that are needed to reduce the risk of allergenic contamination
- The type of information which should be recorded and how it should be stored
- How to communicate allergen information to the free-from customer
- How food allergen awareness can be developed maintained and reviewed
- At the end of the programme there is a multiple-choice test with 20 questions. On successfully achieving a pass candidates will receive the CIEH Foundation Certificate in Food Allergen Awareness which can be displayed in your business.
On completion of the Induction training and the Level 2 training attendees will have the basic knowledge to carry out induction training for their staff. There is also an opportunity for businesses to purchase discounted consultancy and audits for their business, to offer further guidance and resources to go the extra mile and show best practice within your business.
Places on the training are limited to one space per business and you are advised to book early to ensure a space, if we have spaces available nearer the date there maybe an option for a second space – please email Lisa: Marketing@fatc.co.uk – stating ‘Waitlist – 2nd space level 2 training and the date to attend’
Conditions of attendance
Registered business details will be checked by Winchester City Council’s Food Safety team prior to being given full approval to attend.
- If you are a food business operating within the Winchester District and are not registered as a food business, then you can find details on food business registration via the following link, once registered you can apply to attend. – https://www.food.gov.uk/business-guidance/register-a-food-business
- If you are not registered within Winchester, please register but know that priority is being given to Winchester based businesses.
Please contact Mike Greenwood if you have any queries about your WCC business registration– firstname.lastname@example.org
Online: Induction training 9:00 – 10.30 each date
- Wednesday 22nd September – Live
- Tuesday 12th October – Live
- Tuesday 16th November – Bookings not yet open
Zoom link will be sent 3 days prior
Face 2 face: Level 2 CIEH WCC training – 9:15 Arrival, 9.30 start 14:00 approx. finish
- Friday 1st October – Live
- Wednesday 27th October – Live
- Tuesday 30th November – – Bookings not yet open
Details sent 10 days prior to the event
The Guildhall will have COVID protocols in place inline with Government Guidance, we would ask participants to wear a mask when around the building, hand sanitizer will be provided at the entrance. If you have Symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) then we would ask you NOT to attend the session. We will take all precautions at the venue, but the final decision to attend would need to be that of the attendee.